1300 605 624

Why and When Would I Need A City Council Permit?

For many customers it might come as a surprise that in some cases they might need to obtain a City Council Permit to place a skip bin.

When the bin is placed in your own property (i.e. your driveway or your front yard) then you don't need a council permit.

However, if you don't have a driveway, or it's too narrow, or if you have overhanging trees that can be damaged or have a very expansive driveway that cannot be scratched or maybe your driveway is occupied with building materials, you might need to place a bin on a council property.

Council Property includes, but is not limited to: Nature Strip, a Road, a Laneway, a car-parking lot, etc.

If the skip bin needs to go on a council land, then your Skip Bin hire provider must obtain a city council permit on your behalf.

Costs of the permit vary from council to council, anywhere from $51.70 for 2 days in Port Phillip, to $110 in the City of Bayside and the rest of the councils somewhere in the vicinity of between $66-$110.

Should you require a permit, please let us know and we will discuss with you any options of placing a bin first on your property and then if there is no possibility of that - we'll advise you of the cost from your relevant council.

For any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.