Skip Bin Hire Moving Towards Zero Waste
One of the questions we get asked is: "what happens to my rubbish" after the bin is being picked up and whether we are doing the right thing by the environment, in a way that we deal with Waste.
- The bins are picked up and are taken directly to our Waste Transfer Station
- The bins are tipped onto a Sorting Pad and the Waste is Sorted by the Excavator and manual labour into our sorting bays in the following categories:
- Timber (treated Timber and untreated Timber, sorted separately)
- Green Waste
- General Domestic Waste
- Cables, etc
- From the Sorting Bays, various types of waste are taking to further materials recycling / processing centres, such as Bricks Recycling, Concrete, Plastic, Paper Recovery, Metal Recycling, Green Wste processing and so on.
- The rest of the rubbish, which is not accepted by the recycling facilities is taken to the landfill, which at the moment comprises approximately 20%.
Need A Skip Now is committed to constantly increase our recycling rate and we are working towards Zero Waste to the landfill goal, in line with the Victorian Government's Policy "Towards Zero Waste".
When you order Bins from Need A Skip Now, you can be assured that your Waste is dealt with in the most Environmentally Responsible Way and that there is a Dedicated Team of recycling specialists, working behind the scenes, Towards Zero Waste :-)