Skip Bin Hire Labour Weekend 2020 | Need A Skip Now
Horray it's Long Weekend!
One of the most frequently asked questions prior to Labour Day Weekend is:
When Do You Deliver Bins During the Labour Weekend
The great news are: we are not going anywhere, partly because of travel caution due to COVID-19 but mainly - because traditionally Labour Weekend is one of the busiest weekends for Skip Bin Hire and we are always open to ensure our customers can get on with the projects around their home, which they have planned to do.
For your convenience, we are open for Skip Bin Hire as follows:
- Friday 6th March - OPEN, phones are open from 7am on 1300 605 624
- Saturday 7th March - OPEN, phones are open from 8am to 11am however skip bins will be delivered from 7am until we fulfilled all the orders
- Sunday 8th March - CLOSED (It's an International Woman's Day, don't forget flowers for the ladies in your life)
- Monday 9th March - CLOSED for a public holiday, a perfect day to fill your skip bin, we hope the weather will be fabulous
- Tuesday 10th March - OPEN regular hours, phones are open from 7am on 1300 605 624
The second most frequently asked question around Long Weekends is:
How Long Can I Keep the Skip For and Do I Get Charged for Long Hire
The great news are: you can keep the Skip Bin for up to 7 days without any extra charges and should there be an inclement weather or some other conditions preventing you from filling a skip bin on time, we are usually very reasonable and can throw in a day or two extra without any charges. One thing to keep in mind is that if your skip bin is placed on a Council property, such as nature strip or a road, then you might be limited by the amount of days that the permit is valid for. Various council offer different permit options, some issue permits for up to 7 days, such as Bayside, Glen Eira and Kingston Councils, while other councils issue permits per day, like City of Port Phillip, City of Yarra, City of Melbourne and others.
Don't despare if you need to obtain a city council permit for your Skip Bin, as we do all the work for you. We are accredited with most City Councils in Melbourne and lodge an application on line, all you need to do is pay for the permit. The permit cost varies from council to council and it is best to give us a call on 1300 605 624, so that we can discuss the fees for your particular council.
The third most frequently asked question about Long Weekend Skip Hire is:
When is The Latest Time I Can Order a Skip Bin for Weekend
There is no simple answer for this as demand can be unprecedented, depending on the weather, number of people requiring the same size of bins and many other factors. From our observation for the last 8 years. we've noticed that during Long Weekends we tend to sell out of certain bin sizes, sometimes its 3 cubic meters bins, 6 cubic meters bins (our best seller) or our larger sizes bins, like 8 cubic meters, 10 cubic meters and 12 cubic meters.
Therefore, to ensure that the Bin Size required for your project is secured for you - the earlier you order the better.
There are 3 ways you can order Skip Bins for this Long Weekend:
- You Can Quote and Book a Skip online, via our secure website, which is convenient when you are doing it oustide of our office hours
- You can Phone our Office, we are open from 7am Mon - Fri and from 8am on Sat on 1300 605 624
- You can send us an email via Contact Us page an we'll get back to you asap
Finally, most important question is:
How Much Will The Skip Bin Cost
There are a few variables which determine the cost of your skip bin, including:
- Your Suburb
- Size of the Skip Bin
- Type of Waste that You Are Disposing Of
- Whether Skip will be placed on your driveway or on a Council Property
To get an instant answer to your question re: skip hire cost, we recommend to run an instant bin quote via our website, by selecting your suburb, your Waste Type and Dates of Hire. The only variable you need to varify with us over the phone is the cost of Council Permit, but that will only apply to customers who place the bin outside of their property such as Nature Strip or a Road.
As a General Guide, here are most frequently used Waste Types for Residential Projects:
- For General Decluttering and Throwing away unwanted furniture, toys, white goods - choose General Waste
- For Renovation - Choose Mixed Heavy Waste Type
- For Green Cuttings only with no soil - choose Green Waste
- For single products, such as: 100% cardboard, from unpacking your new furniture - choose 100% Cardboard, which is extremely discounted waste type.
We encourage you to get in touch with us on 1300 605 624 if you are not sure what type of Skip Bin you might require, as our experienced and friendly team will be able to advise you on Skip Size, Waste Type, Permit Prices and any other questions you might have. We wishing you a great Long Labour Weekend 2020!