Construction and Demolition Waste Disposal
As 65% of our customers are Builders, Renovators, Construction Site Managers and Demolishers, one of the main cost and compliance concerns for them is the management and legal (and cost effective) disposal of their Construction and Demolition (C&D) waste.
With the illegal rubbish dumping on a rise and consequent efforts by the EPA Victoria with the increased investment into Illegal Dumping Workforce, it is more crucial than ever to ensure that the disposal of the waste from your site is done in a lawful and environmentally friendly manner.
Looking for the cheapest supplier or waste transporter is no longer a single consideration when selecting your waste management partner. According to the article from the EPA - here are the tips of how to think about Waste Management process:
- Know what types of waste will be generated during excavation, demolition and construction.
- If a quote for managing waste is low, find out why. The company may be avoiding costs by taking the waste to a place that cannot lawfully be used as a waste facility.
- While not a requirement, preparing and implementing a waste management plan ahead of demolition is an effective way of managing lawful waste disposal. A good plan would include:
- details of each type of waste that will be generated, and the management action proposed for each type of waste
- procedures that ensure the waste is dispose of at a lawful place
- a description of the roles and responsibilities of everyone who manages the waste, including the site supervisor and subcontractors.
One of the best suggestions we have when starting up a new Construction or Demolition site is to contact our waste experts for an appointment, where an experienced Project Manager with 30+ years in the industry will discuss your project with you and advise on the most effective way of separating your waste and disposing of it in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Here are a couple of tips from us in regards to reducing the cost of your C&D Waste Disposal:
- instead of ordering one bulk bin for all types of waste - see if you site has space for the following types of bins, which will work out cheaper:
- 100% bricks only bins
- 100% soil only bins
- 100% metal only bins
- 100% concrete only bins
- by taking time to packing the bins thoughfully and trying to utilise each available cubic meter, which might involve compressing or breaking down some materials, you will be able to fit more into the bin
- by placing bin on your site (if space allows) vs road or nature strip - you will also save the cost of a council permit.
We look forward to being of assistance and discussing how we can help you with the Disposal of your C&D Waste in the most professional, legal and cost effective manner, please call our friendly team in Melbourne on 1300 605 624.